The CEA Social and Economic Justice Committee (SEJC) will hold a very important event TONIGHT: “The Community in Crisis Summit.” This event is from 6-8 p.m. at East HS. The summit will focus on violence in our communities. Columbus City Schools has lost 18 current and former students this school year alone. Join us as we collaborate with community members, labor, activists and fellow members to discuss this important issue.
In no particular order, here are the top ten reasons why every CEA member should take the CCS Facilities Master Plan Survey:
- You get to tell the district what the optimal grade-level configurations are for schools.
- You get to tell the district whether or not to build smaller or larger schools in the future.
- You get to tell the district how it should address overcrowded schools.
- You get to tell the district what factors it should consider when reviewing underutilized schools.
- You get to tell the district where Pre-K spaces should be located.
- You get to tell the district where specialized services and programs should be located.
- You get to tell the district how important auditoriums, indoor and outdoor athletic spaces are to your students.
- You get to tell the district about the challenges that are facing our athletic programs.
- You get to tell the district about the challenges that are facing our fine arts programs.
- You get to tell the district how to prioritize deciding whether to rebuild, renovate, repair or retire schools.
The CCS Master Facilities Plan Survey closes at 8 a.m. Monday, Mar. 14. To take the survey, click here.
The Columbus Education Association is seeking a qualified staff consultant to assist with the delivery of the Association’s programs and services to our members.
The person selected will provide assistance to members in professional issues, bargaining, securing legal rights, local operations, political action, program development, written communications, public relations, workshops and training and technical support.
Interested members should submit a cover letter, a resume and an article suitable for publication in The CEA Voice (600 words or less) on an issue that impacts the CEA membership. Application materials should be sent to CEA Vice President Phil Hayes at the CEA office, 929 East Broad St., Columbus, OH 43205. A job description can be found here. The application period closes Wednesday, Mar. 16. Selective interviews will be conducted Mar. 21-24 and Apr. 18-22.